Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Red Bull Stratos - Rescheduled















The much anticipated launch that would break 4 different world record was delayed until Thursday because of severe winds. Felix Baumgartner was surprised and disappointed that his attempt to become the first person to break the sound barrier in freefall had to be scrapped due to gusts of wind near the top of his 30 million cubic foot balloon. 

Here are is what Felix said...

"When Art told me we were aborting the mission I thought it was a joke," said Baumgartner. "I thought there is no way, that the conditions were not right. I couldn't tell what was happening with the balloon because I was in the capsule. I want this to happen this year. We've made it so far. There's no turning back. We're here, we've got the helium and 
we're good to go. Whether that's tomorrow or the first day next week, I don't really care."

Meterologist Don Day will present his latest analysis of the weather outlook at a briefing tentatively scheduled for 9 a.m. in Roswell on Wednesday.



No comments:

Post a Comment